Hey Guys, I got a new job as a full stack software developer!
Awesome. It only took a month to achieve.
Stats during 3 weeks
- Had 1 job while searching for a job.
- Received 20+ emails from unknown recruiters
- Contacted 8 recruiters
- Applied to 10 jobs
- Had 7 phone interviews
- Went on 4 on-site interviews
- 3 rejections, 1 offer
Here are some notes I picked up along the way.
– Have a Word copy of your resume ready.
Recruiter will want this so they can spell check and format your resume using their company’s template.
– For each job in your resume, list the technology you used. Also, provide a summary of your experience in the summary section of your resume.
– Make your resume easy to find online for two reasons.
- sometimes the recruiter will lose it and ask you to resend it.
- People will contact about job postings.
When that happened to me, I just told them to google “Larry Battle Resume indeed.com”.
– Ask for feedback about your resume, then update it immediately.
– Indeed.com is the best hub to post your resume. Monster.com, careerbuildier.com and dice.com sent me useless job postings.
Sales – 12 Tips To Get Your Dream Job