Here’s a quick post over how to install applications that encounter the Windows Installer Error.
This installation package could not be opened.
Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.
Alternative Solutions not presented in the video.
1) Avoid msi files and go for an alternative file format to install your application.
2) Install the application using the hidden Administrator account.
Here’s a Guide
3) Reinstall Windows on your computer.
4) Re-download the file from a different website.
5) System Restore to a period where the problem didn’t exist.
6) Extract the content of the MSI file and run the executable from there.
Extract MSI contents.batch
REM Extracts the filename.msi file to C:\extracted_files msiexec /a filename.msi /qb TARGETDIR=C:\extracted_files