After months of delay, I finally sat down and read “Don’t Make Me Think” by Steve Krug.
Link: Don’t Make Me Think
Finished this short but informative book in 2 days. Steve Krugs gives advice on avoiding common usabilities issues.
With that, here are a few things I picked up.
– Test rather than argue with your team.
– Users read in a hurry, so kill the noise by having less design and small talk, while filling the page up with unique content.
– Avoiding ads on your home page, even though it has the highest traffic.
– Provide aid for lost users. That includes a way to get to the home page, a site id, and other means of understanding their location.
– Test each stage of your project at least once. The earlier the testing, the cheaper to repair.